[et_pb_section background_color=”#0075bf” inner_shadow=”on” fullwidth=”on” parallax=”off”][et_pb_fullwidth_header admin_label=”Fullwidth Header” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”left” title=”For people who are being stalked” /][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”3_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” module_class=”texthintergrund”]
- Make immediately and unequivocally clear to the stalker that you do not want any further contact with him/her. Stay consistent!
- Publicity can protect you: inform all the people around you (e.g. your family, friends, work colleagues and neighbours), if you have become a victim of stalking.
- Document everything that the stalker sends, communicates or does in a diary, so that you have facts and evidence if necessary.
- Personal data does not belong in the household waste! Be careful with your documents that contain your personal data (e.g. letters or magazine subscriptions).
- In the case of so-called telephone harassment and other stalking actions, e.g. via PC (so-called cyberstalking), seek advice on technical measures (secret telephone numbers, answerphones, mobiles, other telephone connectons, etc.).
- Approach institutions that help victims (e.g. the counselling centre Stop-Stalking).
- Inform people who you trust about your worries and fears. Do not be apprenhensive about seeking medical and/or psychotherapy aid organisations for any health problems.
- It helps to file complaints with the police! Except for a few exceptions, it has been shown that quick and consistent police intervention against the stalker has an impact and the harassment often stops after a complaint has been made.
- In order to protect yourself from the stalking, you can apply to the courts for an “injunction/protection order“ according to the “Protection against Violence law“.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Sidebar” area=”sidebar-1″ orientation=”right” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]